Defining a Horror Classic

Defining a Horror Classic
Nosferatu

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Who am I?


My name is Christina. Ever since I was young I was lucky enough to be gifted with an Aunt and cousins who adored Halloween. They would watch horror films constantly, enjoyed the inspirations of fear and everything scary and frightening, and this was something they took great pleasure in. Although I loved my two cousins, they would push boundaries and expose me to watching said films with them, putting gooey fake bugs down my shirt, putting on masks and chasing me around their house that sometimes led to me darting out of the house and down the road. The fear I was exposed to at a young age began to give me a feeling of longing for the darker side of enjoyment. It made me feel alive and think about how far can I push myself in the name of fright. I became addicted to looking forward to October when Halloween was a festive and largely practiced holiday, taking out my decorations and watching cable for specials. Even all year long I refused to take down the spider webs, orange lights, skeletons, and jack-o-lanterns until my mother had enough and they all moved into my room and never came down.
The ideal of horror films presenting you with slashers, murderers, monsters, demons, and witches is everything that makes up a nightmare, and in nightmares you always wake up and the fear is electric. Fear keeps you alive.


Proposal:

Today scary movies are overwhelmed with CGI (Computer Generated Images) and digital special effects. They are not in the least frightening and the audience is convinced less and less as more movies are being produced. I have concluded that there requires a balance of animation and art when it comes to creating a masterpiece. I have done extensive research on this topic and I look forward to showing some light in the darkness. Horror is my favorite genre, and it always will be. We need to bring back the raw, substantial literature, and graphic gore-filled scenes that do not require digital effects so the ambiance that is felt is real and breathtaking. Come on guys, fake blood is not expensive and make-up is a very specialized form of art. I hope to accomplish bringing new and fresh terror back to movie theaters, fans leaving quite frazzled and satisfied, terrorized girlfriends clutching to their boyfriends, and give the imagination a jolt of real horror again.




No comments:

Post a Comment